Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Costume: Part III - the Finale

Hermione Granger is finally complete! I spent the entire afternoon and evening of the Thursday before Halloween making her wizard robe. I used McCall's pattern 3789:
We did View B but I changed it up a bit. I didn't add the hood and I made it one piece in front (you can't tell from the pattern's photo, but the front of the robe is open). It took a little thinking on my part - something I don't enjoy, ha ha. But it turned out great and "Hermione" is happy:

Although she could also pass for a choir girl or a federal judge....

But for us, it's Hermione Granger with a purple wand and pink glitter shoes!


(And her personal copy of Hogwarts: A History.)

1 comment:

  1. Great costume!! I was Hermione for Halloween last year and didn't know what to do about the tie. I needed your directions on how to make the tie last year!

    ReplyDelete