Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Desperation


I live in the desert of Arizona where summer lasts at least 6 months. Some people like this. I do not. Fall and Winter are my favorite seasons (because I've never lived in Wisconsin) and I don't get to truly experience either in this area. Yesterday was the "first day of autumn" technically, but it sure doesn't feel like it here. It's not even on the horizon. So I took matters into my own hands.

I bought the two candles seen above. They are the cheap $3 candles from Wal-mart and I LOVE THEM. The one on the right is called Mulled Cider. At first I thought I somehow managed to buy the only candle without a label, but then noticed the other candle says "Easy Peel" and realized that such a directive was most likely irresistible to a certain 6 year old. I bought a Pumpkin Spice candle last year and used up every last drop of wax, so I was glad to see they still carry it. They also have one called Warm Apple Pie that is delicious (I got it last year, too).

I'm surprised that such a cheap candle can have such an effective scent, but I'm not complaining.

Also on my list of Currently Can't Live Without This and What the Heck Did I Do Before This Came Along:


Blue Bell Caramel Kettle Crunch ice cream. If you are local, check Albertson's. Vanilla ice cream with caramel popcorn (and, yes, it's crunchy!) and a caramel swirl. This was brought to a family birthday party recently and I was instantly converted.

This ain't half bad either:


Crappy photo, but delicious ice cream! Too bad it's a limited edition flavor. I hate it when they do that. It's chocolate ice cream with marshmallows, chocolate bits, and a graham cracker swirl. And it's slow-churned, meaning less fat and therefore downright healthy. In a sugary sort of way.

So go get some of this fabulousness before Fall really is here and it's too cold for ice cream. Then go light a candle and think of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment